Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Monday Mix Tape: Psalm 23

*Monday's post on Wednesday because, sometimes, that's how we roll....

The Good Chicken Farmer
James B. Janknegt
This fourth week of Easter I'm reading the parable of the Good Shepherd.  I think I had to blow dust off the page in my Bible because it's been so long since I've read it.  I'm not sure why, but I get a little knot in my stomach when I think of Jesus as a kind and good shepherd.  Maybe because I feel like He hasn't always done such a great job of keeping His eye on me.  The knot comes in the tension of knowing that is not true of His character but feeling it anyway.  

I'm going to spend the rest of the week seeking to be reacquainted with this Shepherd Jesus.  Letting His words about Himself sink in and hopefully change the hardened, scabby places of my imagination of Him.

I'm adding this song to my Eastertide mix tape.  I've kind of lost touch with this Psalm as well. 


I'd love to hear your favorite musical versions of Psalm 23 ... leave me a comment or drop me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...