Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wednesday is for Words: Kaley Ehret



Normally, the Wednesday posts include excerpts from fiction, non-fiction or poetry I'm enjoying.  Today I'm compelled to post an e-mail excerpt instead.  This is from my sister Kaley after I sent our family and praying friends a brief update on finding a job for Brian.  


I'm not going to take the time now to share anything from that email update, except to say that I was asking for prayer for our emotional wellness after a week of feeling the grief of letting go of something we'd both hoped would be God's provision. 


From Kaley's email: 
I found myself totally empathizing with you as I read your email.  The absolute hardest part of Wes's unemployment was getting our hopes up and then letting them come crashing down again.  It almost would have been easier not to let ourselves dream. ... And, of course, the not knowing what the future holds pretty much stinks.  
God DOES have GOOD plans for Brian and for you.  Of that I have no doubt.  So feel free to let us feel HOPE for you while you learn to let go...
Love you. Kaley




I'm reminded of the words of Catherine of Siena I posted yesterday, the words about the communal impact of the way we give and receive good and harm.  Perhaps, after reading Kaley's note we could amend Catherine's statement to include:  
"They are so joined together, in fact, that you cannot do good or evil for yourself without doing the same for your neighbors... [you can not hope or give up hope without doing the same for your neighbors] ...all of you together make up one common vineyard, the whole Christian assembly, and you are all united in the vineyard of the mystic body of holy Church from which you draw your life [and hope]."
My Sisters

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...