Tuesday, October 04, 2011

homeschool daybook

I don't know if I'll keep this kind of daybook post alive here or put it on another site (or just plain poop out altogether), but I know some friends and family might be interested to see how our Great Homeschool Experiment is going down here in Austin.






Read Matthew, chapters 1 & 2; journalled

Breakfast at Kerby Lane: pumpkin pancakes

Talked about school year ahead:
  •  Vision: doing what it takes to THRIVE rather than just survive in Austin.
  • Values:  zest, grit, self-control, social intelligence, optimism & curiosity [read here to see why we chose this list]
Together we created a short list of "rules of engagement" for working together.  We agreed we will add and tweak as necessary.  

Went to the library to pick up supplementary texts for the month of October. Natalie chose a book for free reading from the loooong list I gave her and then spent as much time as possible looking for baby name books.  I love that she still enjoys reading through lists of baby names for fun! 


Brian thinks I may be homeschooling our daughter just for an excuse to get  new books!


We returned home, ate lunch, and then spent an hour or so putting together subject notebooks for history, science and grammar.  

That was our first day.  I made her give me a hug and kiss before we could officially end the day.  She seemed to be in good spirits and as she was walking out the room left me with this little gem:  "You know what you've done, don't you?  You've unLEASHed me!"

I'd say "Thanks be to God and YAHOOO!!"
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...