Monday, April 09, 2012

Monday Mixtape: Easter Monday

Welcome to Monday Mix Tape, in which I pretend I'm Ira Glass.  You know, I choose a theme and share with you several variations on the theme from the worlds of art, faith and culture.  To keep up the fun little facade of making a weekly mix tape, I label each of these finds as "track 1",  "track 2", and so on (and just like the stack of mixtapes you've got hidden in a box in your attic, you never know when you might see some love song from Journey or Lionel Richie show up here).

 I enjoyed some rest and some anxiety during my blog fast.  If my spirituality were measured by how well I kept fasts, I'd be required to take summer school.  Thankfully, my peace rests in the finished word of Christ!  Still, it was good to re-evaluate why I'm here at this URL,adding words and images and hyperlinks each week.  I've come to a couple of conclusions; nothing too earth-shattering.  You can see some of my thoughts in my new "Welcome" text over there on the sidebar.


For now, I'm still sharing some of the little beauties I've enjoyed over the week every Monday.  Today we celebrate Easter beauty -- black, white and color all over.

Happy Eastertide, dear blogging community!
Tamara

track 1:  music

Standalone player

Yes, this is the same playlist from last year.  I thought it was worth repeating.

track 2: photography

Life & Death

Life and Death

black and white photo taken and developed  by Andrew Shipman

track 3:  book excerpt

"When a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in the traitor's stead, the table would crack and death itself would start working backward."  The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, C.S. Lewis

track 4: dance, fashion, music, film, design


The grace!  The shoes!  The colors!  Considering this my Easter egg basket this year.

 track 5:  poetry


Genesis
Let there be light, as waters spill
And spread their patterned energy
Whose living colours still reveal
The brush-strokes of eternity.

Crucifixion

The cross that holds is held in that embrace,

The world is weighed in Him, the living scales.

From this tree branches out all time and space,

As, from His outstretched hands, blossom the nails.

Resurrection
A stone flung in a pool makes waves of light
Until, like every life, it sinks alone.
They plunged Him too, into the pool of night,
Today His waves of light fling back the stone

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...